Alain's FACE

Thursday, November 3, 2011

| | |

So I redid Alain's face woot woot! I like it a lot... it was my second try at redoing it lately... The first time was a disaster because I was using a really bad brush (why waste my time and resources? I don't know...). And since my confidence went back up, I also opened my faceup shop back up.

So lately I've been having a lot of fun thinking about what I'm going to do with his character... things have suddenly be leaning back toward speampunkish (makes me want to watch fma..) so I can dig out all the super cute mail and packages that I made for him in Hawaii. I think he is lovely as a blonde too, by the way.

I've been thinking about his clothes right? I want to make him a peaked cap. Search for it on google search... the smattering of images is pretty funny. Half of it is WW2 German military hats and swastikas and the other half is of little children in bonnets and such. Well, I was amused anyway.... *amused by weird things* Well anyway I've been trying to figure out what colors I'd want to be.. because it'll have it's main color, a black brim, and then some other color of piping... I'm sure it'll end up being.. brown or blue (I am not very creative, haha).

As for his actual clothes, some kind of overcoat (perhaps that matches the hat) and then otherwise I sort of thought his clothes might be mori-girl inspired.. but.. mori.. boy? (does that exist?). I kind of like the mori girl look... when it's done with some sense of style. I'm not too into the Japanese tendency to put the most ridiculously illsuited pieces together... I like there to be at least some sense of feng shui and proper accessories.. not just whatever you found in your local babushka's closet (ahem, I'll stop being politically incorrect now). But I like the loose sort of draping layers on top, so well, I'll see what I can come up with. And scaaaarf...

So I thought it would be a mix sort of, of starched/prim looking military type hat and coat and more ragamuffin type clothes underneath those. Okay it sounds weird, but it looks awesome in my brain. I drew a cute picture of him in my planner that I would post right now but I don't have a scanner or good enough lighting to take a photo so it will have to wait!

Now off to bed I must go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment