BJD Addicts Written Prompt #1 - The Wait

Saturday, September 3, 2011

| | |
Since my dolls are 1) not currently with me and 2) aren't up for show (particularly in Alain's case), I thought I'd start this off by responding to the first of BJD Addicts' written prompts.

The Wait.

What do I do when waiting for a new doll?

Well, I've got to say I don't have a lot to say to this since most of my waits have been very short. The only doll I've bought direct from the company has been Alain's head, and since it was just a head, I think it took about two months or so. Everything else I've bought has been from dealers or previous owners (everything else consists of Rene's head, his body [Fdoll], Alain's first body [Delf], second body [Illusion Spirit], and third body [Abio Angel]. Woot. Hybrids!).

The thing that makes the wait easiest for me is to not think about it and focus on something else. Of course, that also causes me to lose some of the excitement, but I suppose that's better than being eaten alive from anticipation.

ON THE OTHER HAND.

Even though I have my dolls, it is still a constant stream of waiting, mainly because I have no income. When I have ideas of what I want to do, It requires a lot of waiting until I can afford bits and pieces.

In these cases, I preoccupy myself with drawing pictures of what I want them to look like, one to keep my excited, and two to flesh out what that is. And even now, I still don't really know... My dolls' backstories are enigmatic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment